Bought 3 St. Croix sheep. Ewe born in 2016. The lambs (one girl, one boy) were born yesterday. It’s cold this week (lows in the 20s), so we worry about them.
Bought chicks: 2 Jersey Giants, 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 2 Cuckoo Marans.
Planted fruit trees: apple (5 varieties), peach (), nectarine (), peach-plum. Mulched with wood chips. Pruned the plum tree (a lot).
Started building the pasture fence. We’re using stock panels and T-posts.
Pruned the grapevines. A lot.
We changed the fluids in the tractor: hydraulic fluid in the hydraulic reservoir (topped off), hydraulic fluid filter, hydraulic fluid in the torque tube (drain and refill), gear oil in the steering box, gear oil in the transmission (flushed with diesel), engine oil and filter, and grease in as many grease fittings as we could find. I also topped off the coolant and installed a new radiator cap. The oil in the transmission was like milk, and the oil in the engine was blacker than black. We found a large screwdriver in the transmission.
The tractor came. It’s a 1958/59 Case 310B with an International 2000 loader. We paid $500.